Wednesday, 11 March 2015

The Makeup Post | Drugstore beauty


Okay, so rather than doing an essay, which was truthfully stressing me out, I decided to go to the metro centre for a little browse/shop. Yes, I really do have my priorities right don't I, haha. For quite a while now I have been wanting to broaden my makeup collection and experiment with it. However, I am not planning on buying the higher end brands straight away, but I will definitely be considering it when my makeup skills improve (and I get over how expensive everything is lol). Plus, why bother when usually drugstore makeup is great for the price?!


Revolution Blush Palette Hot Spice - £6
Rimmel Match Perfection (091) - £5
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick (107;01;28) - £5.69
Collection Eyebrow Kit - (around) £4
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (1) - (around) £4
Collection Bronze Glow (light) - (around) £2

As you can see by the prices everything is so affordable - especially the blush pallete, which I am yet to try but it looks fabulous! - I'm just enjoying looking at it, haha! The best thing is that it comes with 8 different shades which will be great to just try out, even if they are naff its not much money wasted! - I will let you know how that goes :) 

For me, my favourites out of everything I bought has got to be the Concealer and the Kate Moss 107 lipstick. I have been using the concealer to cover the black circles under my eyes and it has just worked wonders! I will be re-purchasing this in a darker shade to cover up blemishes on my face. The lipstick is a wonderful red/purple shade and I think it really compliments my skin tone. I think if I were to add some lipliner when using it that it will stay perfect all day long! 

I have tried both the Kate Moss 01 (red nose red) lipstick and the 28, and they are both just lovely. Nice and easy to apply and you are not always re-applying it throughout the day which is always a bonus! I would recommend the Rimmel Kate Moss collection to everyone, I will definitely be back to purchase more in different colours! 

I have never been the one to fill in their eyebrows so I thought I'd start out softly before plunging into some new extreme territory by buying this lovely eyesbrow kit. The overall finish is lovely, and I have been blending the 2 lighter colours to achieve a nice and natural finish. 

I won't talk much about the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation as this was a re-purchase. I opted to buy a lighter shade than the one I already had as it was becoming too dark for my complexion. I really like the feel of this foundation, its not too heavy and overall it has a nice coverage. Personally I don't wear powder, but I am going to invest in some to see how this goes over my foundation. 

What are your latest beauty recommendations?

Rhianna xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Amazing blog post... :D I think what you're doing is awesome.! Just keep up the great work, I'm a fan! :D :)

    xoxo Jealsea

    www.omgyousassqueen.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much!
      if you want to keep up to day make sure you follow, and I hope I will post more things you like! xoxo

      Delete
  2. looks like you got a lot of great stuff, love the kate moss lipsticks!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just tried the blush and it is very pigmented! so i would defo recommend haha!
      Me too, its wonderful for the price! xx

      Delete
  3. I love everything here!
    Especially Kate moss lipsticks, I use shade 101 pretty much everyday!
    chantelle | chanbelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! its such a flattering shade isn't it! I am going to pick up a more nude-ish colour next time!x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I am in love with my 107 lipstick!
    I wear this on a day to day basis and have bought so many, it's such a nice shade!
    Lovely post, Soph xx
    http://sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Such a nice colour to wear frequently without getting old! xx

      Delete
  5. I absolutely LOVE the collection concealer! I prefer it to most high end ones i've tried!
    Also, kate moss lipsticks are my faves, i wear shade 101 all the time!
    chantelle | chanbelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried any higher end ones but I love love love the collection one! I may have to try a few more different brands out! ooo i havent got that one but ill defo check it out! xx

      Delete